"Supporting Vulnerable Children and Young People in an Uncertain World"
Welcome to Manchester, 39th Annual Conference, July 19-22, 2017.
To register click here.
To all ISPA members, potential members, those interested in the field of school and educational psychology and everyone concerned to support children and young people.
The theme reflects the many challenges facing children and young people, parents, teachers and communities in the ever changing and complex world: including the growth in (and fear of) terrorism and other unprovoked attacks against civilians, an increase in the number of refugees and asylum seekers fleeing countries that are ravaged by war, huge economic global inequalities between countries leading to increased migration.
The level of global uncertainty makes us all feel vulnerable especially children and young people and can have a dramatic impact upon their education, mental health and well-being. There are also huge challenges for public services to respond effectively to the increasingly complex demands that they all face.
Eminent keynote speakers will address the key theme of the conference drawing on their own research and practice.
In addition there will be paper presentations, workshops, symposia and round tables discussions that will enable participants to share their knowledge and expertise and learn from each other.
Topics addressed during the conference will include: -
- working with children who experience mental health issues
- supporting schools, families and children in times of crisis
- developing strategies to support children with learning difficulties
- helping schools to become safe and effective learning environments
- promoting inclusivity in diverse communities
- training psychologists and other professionals to become effective practitioners.