News | Monday, 12th February 2018
Join Team Orange and run for free with First Generation
Show you're #McrMetProud in the Great Manchester Run
Team Orange are delighted to offer 100 free staff member entries to the Great Manchester Run for colleagues that raise £100 or more for the University’s inspiring First Generation campaign.
First Generation tackles the full range of challenges that young people who are the first generation of their family to go to university may face. The campaign provides the necessary support and encouragement to help them come to university and then additional financial, personal and professional support throughout their studies.
Getting fit, having fun and making a difference for charity is a big part of the Team Orange #McrMetProud team spirit and every £1,000 raised for First Generation will provide a scholarship and transform the life of a young person in the Greater Manchester area.
Signing up as a First Generation charity runner is easy:
- Join Team Orange from mmu.ac.uk/run and sign up as a ‘Charity runner’ (please be aware you need to pay for your run entry fee initially)
- If you haven’t already got your own JustGiving page – you can set one up at www.justgiving.com
- Search and select ‘Manchester Metropolitan’ as your chosen charity when setting up your personal JustGiving page
- Once you’re all set up - please click ‘join the team’ and link your own JustGiving page to the #McrMetProud Great Manchester Run JustGiving page
- Once you’ve raised £100 or over, please contact the Team Orange team at email@example.com and your run entry refund will be arranged
If you are part of Team Orange and you are running for your chosen charity, link your own fundraising efforts to our #McrMetProud Great Manchester Run page and let’s celebrate the success together!