Studying sport at Manchester Met:
Manchester Metropolitan University offers a wide range of sport, exercise and leisure courses to choose from. Our Exercise and Sport Science options include
but we also offer courses in sport management, marketing, fashion and health courses. We also offer sport scholarships and clearing.
We offer a range of opportunities to get involved in volunteering in the local community and at major sporting events.
Coach education and sport qualifications:
We offer an extensive range of subsidised courses and workshops designed to help you develop skills closely mapped to sector standards. These are open to students, staff and members of public.
First Aid courses
Strength and Conditioning courses
Training and Development Bursary
Why choose our courses?
- Our courses are delivered by nationally accredited and verified tutors, giving you the chance to gain valuable experience and recognised qualifications
- Our courses are designed to challenge our candidates through a range of tasks developed to enhance your experience and encourage responsibility for your own learning.
- We provide constructive feedback from course tutors and through peer-to-peer evaluation, allowing you reflect on your development.
Why people rate our courses*
- Last year, our courses received a 100% satisfaction rate from candidates
- 87% of candidates are looking to undertake a further qualification in the near future
- Our overall success rate was evaluated at 96.4%
- The success rate for our 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Football Coaching was rated 12.1% above the national average.
*Data provided by the Coach Education Franchise Quality Assurance Feedback survey completed in March 2015.