Alumni Loyalty Discounts offer 20% tuition fee reductions for courses starting September 2017 and January 2018*.
- Studying for a taught postgraduate degree can increase your skills and knowledge in your chosen profession making you more employable and a more attractive candidate to employers. In today’s climate, it is increasingly important for your CV to stand out and a taught postgraduate qualification can be a way of achieving this.
- We want all our graduates to have the best possible chance of maximising their career success. Our Alumni Loyalty Discount reduces the burden of further tuition fees and encourages our undergraduates into further study.
- Eligible alumni receive a 20% discount on their taught postgraduate tuition fees when they enrol as a new student on one of our eligible full-time or part-time postgraduate taught courses starting from September 2017 and January 2018*.
Who is eligible?
For the purpose of the Alumni Loyalty Discount the term alumni is used to define former students who have successfully completed a Manchester Metropolitan University undergraduate degree (excluding HND or Foundation degree), PGCE or GDL and who meet the requirements for entry to a postgraduate taught programme at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Please refer to the Terms and Conditions below for more information.
Is your course eligible?
Please check if your chosen course is eligible for the Alumni Loyalty Discount for 2017/18 academic year (from September 2017).
How to access the Alumni Loyalty Discount
There are two different ways to obtain the discount which depend on the year you graduated from Manchester Met:
- Graduated in 2009 or after
If you graduated in 2009 or after (and you and your chosen course meet the eligibility criteria), the discount will be applied automatically and you will receive a confirmation email prior to the start of term.
- Graduated before 2009
If you graduated before 2009 (and you and your chosen course meet the eligibility criteria), please email firstname.lastname@example.org for advice.
If you have further questions about the Alumni Loyalty Discount, please email us at: email@example.com.
*Terms and Conditions (including eligibility and exclusions)
- Full course fees are displayed during online enrolment. Discounts will be applied once your invoice has been processed.
- Eligible alumni receive a 20% discount on their taught postgraduate tuition fees when they enrol as a new student, on Year 1, (paying fees as per the fees list) on one of our eligible full-time or part-time postgraduate taught courses. The discount also applies to eligible returning students in 2017/18.
- Applies to Manchester Met graduates with an undergraduate degree (excluding HND and Foundation degree), PGCE or GDL.
- Man Met externally enrolled students will be eligible if they graduated with a Man Met undergraduate degree.
- Discounts will be awarded to self-funding (based on the amount payable by the student) and external sponsors (based on amount payable by the external sponsor) only (excluding Government/NHS agencies grants and bursaries).
- The Alumni Loyalty Discount award is not applicable to PGCE, MArch, integrated undergraduate Master’s degrees including MChem and MEng, and a small number of other specific courses so please check the list of eligible courses carefully.
- Discounts will be reduced if a student leaves the course which results in a fee reduction.
- Man Met alumni will only be eligible for one Man Met award, discount, scholarship or initial discounted tuition fee and will be awarded the greater amount.
- All discounts are reviewed on an annual basis and may change for 2018/19 and further years (Students commencing a course of more than one academic year’s duration will continue to receive a discount each year, providing the course is completed in the original agreed timeframe).