skip to content | Accessibility Information

Welcome back for 2016 – 2017

induction icon

Get your personalised welcome information now

Finding your MMU ID · I don’t have a student MMU ID

If you don’t have your MMU ID, or if it doesn’t seem to be working, you can list all the courses in each faculty:

Your MMU ID should be printed on most of the information we have sent you. It will also be on your library card if you are a returning student.
If your MMU ID is not working, please check you’ve typed it in correctly. If it still does not work, please contact IT Services.

The next steps for returning students

  • money matters icon

    Step 1 Student Loan

    If you fund your studies with a student loan you should reapply before 1st June 2016. If you have not yet done so, go to

  • money matters icon

    Step 2 Outstanding Fees

    Have you paid all your fees or have an agreed payment plan? If not, you will need to call 0161 247 1852 or visit the Finance Service Centre.

  • enrol online icon

    Step 3 Enrol Online

    Online enrolment for returning students begins Wednesday 10th August at

    You will need your MMU ID number and network password to login. You must update your details to ensure we have the correct information.

  • attend your induction session icon

    Step 4 Welcome Back

    You must attend from the start of term. Please enter your Manchester Met Student ID number at the top of this page to access information on your course and the Welcome Programme.

Other useful information for returning students


If you have any re-sits over the summer or waiting for the outcome of your academic appeal, you may find useful information on the Assessments website


The University Accommodation is popular and you may need to secure your place as early as possible.  If you prefer private accommodation you could visit Manchester Student Homes, alternatively visit the University’s Accommodation website if you would prefer staying in halls.

Health and Wellbeing

The University provides a wide range of support from confidence building to overcoming low mood.

The University’s counselling services website has information on the full range of health and wellbeing related services that are available.

International Students

For all the Tier 4 students, please visit the International website for information about pre-enrolment or re-registration. If you need to have your visa extension application form checked, you may make an appointment at the Student Hub in the Business School.

Financial Support

If you are having some financial hardship or simply have some queries about your student loans, help and advice is available from Student Financial Support. A drop-in service is available via the Student Hub at the Business School or information and contact details can be found on the Student Finance website.

Faculty Student Support Officers

A Student Support Officer is based in each Faculty and is your first point of contact for help with study skills and referral to other specialist teams. There is more information on the Student Support page.

Independent Advice from The Student Union

The Advice Centre at The Union MMU offers independent advice and support on a wide range of issues that may affect you while you are studying at the university.

Student Hub Page

Regular news updates, information and links to university services can be found on the Student Hub Page.

Careers and Employability Support

Get advice on finding part time work, on campus employment and jobs after graduation. Attend events to enhance your employability skills and meet with employers. We can help with writing a CV, looking for internships, preparing for interviews and much more. Visit the careers website for more information.