skip to content | Accessibility Information

What to bring with you

  • All your important paperwork.

    This might include:

    • Any letters or documents from Manchester Metropolitan
    • Details about your accommodation
    • Proof of financial support
    • Proof of disability
    • Any information your academic department has asked for.
  • Your National Health Service medical card to register with a local GP, if you have one.

  • Enough money to last until your Student Loan comes through.

  • ‌Your accommodation essentials.

    If you are living away from home you may need to bring the following items:

    • Clothes
    • Bedding (including pillows)
    • Towels
    • Cutlery and crockery
    • Pots, pans and cooking utensils
    • Tea towels
    • Coat hangers
    • Personal computer
    • Lamp suitable for task lighting
    • Radio/TV
    • Kettle, iron, toaster
    • Stationery

    If you are staying in Manchester Metropolitan halls of residence, the Residential Services Office provides a list of what you need on their website.

  • It is recommended you bring a WiFi enabled mobile device (e.g. smartphone, tablet or laptop) so you can access a range of online services such as our myMMU mobile app. This is also convenient should you need to register your attendance on campus.
  • If you encounter any problems with enrolling, please contact the Enrolment Helpline on +44 (0)161 247 5959.
  • If you need any assistance during your studies, contact one of our Student Hubs.