Insurance and Utilities

What you need to know about insurance and utilities

Contents Insurance

Our student accommodation also includes contents insurance provided by Endsleigh. It covers a range of belongings in your room including:

Additional cover

You can also purchase additional cover for more valuable items or for personal items outside of your room. For more information on the specifics of the basic policy and the upgrade options available, please visit the Endsleigh website and enter HH1006 as the student policy number.

Making a claim

Should you need to make a claim, please contact the Endsleigh Claim Centre. For general help and advice you can also visit the help guide.

TV License

You will need to pay for a TV licence if you wish to watch or record any live television. This includes viewing on a TV, laptop, iPad, mobile phone or other devices. A single licence will do if you and your housemates only watch the TV in the communal areas, but if you wish to watch TV in your own room, then you will need your own licence.

If you are not staying at University over the summer and dont require the licence for the full year, then you can apply for a refund for any unused part of the year (usually a block of three months). Most students would need to buy a TV licence at the beginning of term in October to allow enough time to qualify for a refund. Alternatively, if you are moving into new accommodation, then you can easily arrange to get your licence transferred to a new address.

Find out more at

Water and Electricity

All of our accommodation includes the cost of water and electricity as standard.

Council tax

Students living in Manchester Met accommodation are exempt from paying Council Tax. Council Tax does not apply to properties where all adult residents are full-time students, so this is worth bearing in mind when you move into private accommodation.

Contract Information