Thursday, 8 March 2018 at 9:00 am – Thursday, 8 March 2018 at 8:00 pm
Sylvia's Sisters: Celebrating International Women's Day
Social activist and artist Sylvia Pankhurst (1882–1960) studied at Manchester Art School, Manchester Met University, from 1898 to 1903.
For International Women’s Day we highlight current arts and social practice of women at Manchester Met University working across art, fashion, architecture and writing.
In association with International Women’s Day 2018.
Tickets can be booked here.
Manchester Met Uni Campus
Activities drop-in, Timings specified
Benzie Building Café & Foyer
- PRAXXIS feminist knowledge giveaway (9-11am)
- Launch, feminist zine FRESH (9-3pm)
- Discovery Day: writing and women in the collections & archives (10-3pm)
Geoffrey Manton Atrium
- Fashion exhibition, across business, culture & work – various artists (11-4pm)
- Activism pop-up library (12-2pm)
Righton Open Space
- Writing Together: Feminist Practices in Academic Writing, workshop, including reading of “Nine Women Reading on a Beach” (11-12:30pm)
The Shed (Workspace)
- Fine arts, photography and craft exhibition, various artists (10-4pm)
- Art School Suffragettes, workshop (1-3pm)
Holden gallery & Grosvenor gallery
- Suffragette Afternoon Tea Party (3-4pm)
Business school (G.33, Lect Theatre 4)