To attend this course, you must have completed level 1 first. Certified Open PLC Programming Course Level 2 is a three-day course held at Manchester Metropolitan University. It teaches the International Standard IEC 61131-3 and the free IDE software, DoDeSys Version 2.3.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who has completed the Level 1 training and wants to proceed to Level 2.
- Engineers who know one or two PLC programming languages and want to upgrade their skills.
- Trainers, application engineers and support engineers who are involved in teaching others how to use PLC systems.
- Fulfilling your PPD (Personal Professional Development) requirement.
- Introduction to IEC61131 and software engineering.
- "Part Inspection" re-visiting - comparing two solutions developed in Level 1.
- More on Ladder Diagram programming - combinational logic and exercises.
- The Function Block Diagram (FBD) language and exercises.
- The Continuous Function Chart (CFC) language and exercises.
- Real tasks and solutions (Conveyor Control, Pneumatic Cylinders, Pick & Pack Robot, etc.).
- Algorithmic programming using the Structured Text (ST) language and exercises.
- The Instruction List (IL) language.
- ARRAY, STRUCT and User-Defined Datatypes.
- Sequential control using the Sequential Function Chart (SFC) language
- Real tasks and solutions (Drilling Machine, Mixing Vessel, and Electrochemical Treatment Plant, etc.).
- Plant simulation - an approach to program development.
- PLCopen, compliance testing and transportability.
- One-hour multiple-choice written test.
- One-hour practical programming and debugging test.
"The lecturer’s expertise and helpfulness made the online course (Level 1) and this week (Level 2) very worthwhile for me and has increased my knowledge massively."