PROFINET is new and fast-growing - Be the first to register your name with PROFIBUS & PROFINET International as a Certified PROFINET Installer and Engineer
Our PROFINET training is structured to meet different needs as you can attend one-day, two-day or the complete four-day training. However, the 2-day training is essential for everyone who is involved in PROFINET equipment installation, commissioning and maintenance. After the 2-day training, many will go on to achieve the Certified PROFINET Engineer qualification. Refer to the course structure diagram here.
Certified PROFINET Engineer course, CPNE 4 Day, comprising of these modules.
Training Material & Equipment
Students on the course work in pairs, each with a laptop PC running PROFINET, each pair has a dedicated rack of PROFINET devices. Each receives colour printed training note and workbook.
- Siemens S7-300 PLC with integrated PROFINET IO Controller. Engineering Tools are SIMATIC Manager and Proneta.
- IO-Devices are from Murr Elektronik, Wago, Phoenix Contact and Siemens.
- Switches are of Phoenix Contact and Siemens.
- IO-Supervisor/Monitor is PROCENTEC Netilities.
- Protocol Analyser is Wireshark.
- Ethernet cable testers
- Shield current testers
- Shield impedance testers
Certified PROFINET Installer course (CPNI)
The course is designed for those who install PROFINET cables, devices and cabinets and is internationally recognised, builds on our renowned Certified PROFIBUS Installer course and guarantees high-quality training.
- Introduction to Ethernet and PROFINET
- PROFINET System Basics and Device Naming
- Installation Guideline I – Wiring Tests, Cables, Connectors
- Practical Sessions – Making and Testing PROFINET Cables
- Installation Guideline II – EMC, Earthing and Shielding
- Tutorial – Questions and Answers. Students receive a textbook and complete the questions on installation before attending the course.
- Examination – Practical and Theory Test
PROFINET Commissioning and Maintenance course (PNCM)
The course covers network configuration, device naming, device manual and auto replacement and these are basics of PROFINET operation. With the knowledge and skills, engineers and operators are able to troubleshoot and maintain PROFINET systems.
- Network Configuration and Commissioning
- IO-Device Update Time
- Practical Sessions – Creating a PROFINET program
- Practical Sessions – Network Configuration, Manual and Auto Device Replacement
- Switch Functions and Conformance Classes
- Fault-finding Strategies and Maintenance
Certified PROFINET Engineer course (CPNE)
The pre-requisite to attend the course is to complete the 2-day CPNI and PNCM course and this part covers PROFINET standard, operation and system design. It includes a certification assessment for the Certified PROFINET Engineer qualification. The Certified PROFINET Engineer course builds on our renowned Certified PROFIBUS Engineer course and guarantees high-quality training.
- Ethernet Basics – Standards and Protocols relevant to PROFINET
- PROFINET Standard and Operation
- PROFINET RT and IRT
- System Timing – PLC Scans, IO-Device Update Time and Performance
- Practical Sessions – Network Topology Configuration, Switch Setup
- Practical Sessions – Data Packets Capturing and Decoding using Protocol Analyser (Wireshark and Netilities, etc.)
- PROFINET System Design
- Earthing Networks Design and Testing
- Network Load and Bandwidth
- Practical Sessions – Network Configuration and Debugging
- Design Documents, Acceptance Tests and Qualification
- Tutorial – Questions and Answers. Students complete the questions included in the textbook that they receive when attending the Certified PROFINET Installer course (CPNI).
- Examination – Practical Test (1 hour) and Theory Test (2 hours)
- Duration: the first day of a course, 9:30am – 5:00pm and the rest of consecutive days, 9:00am – 4:30pm.
- Course rates
- Course dates