DigitalLabs@MMU combines the traditional university aims of experimentation, knowledge sharing and discovery with a commitment to deliver business solutions that have an immediate impact.
Based in the School of Computing, Mathematics and Digital Technology the team draws on the expertise and services of one of the largest universities in the UK to deliver web-based applications, mobile apps and games.
We develop large and small software applications. Our expertise includes;
- App development (iPhone/Android)
- RFID, NFC (radio identification tags)
- Barcodes, QR codes
- Location-aware applications
- Highly usable interfaces utilising our state-of-the-art Usability Lab to test, refine and improve.
DigitalLabs@MMU have worked with the Greater Manchester Waste Disposal Authority, Manchester University, TrusTech, Manchester Science Parks and Corridor Manchester on the following apps and websites:
- A multi-platform game to promote Recycling around Manchester for the Greater Manchester Waste Disposal Authority.
- Manchester Time Machine, a GPS enabled app that gives iPhone and iPad users access to rare archive film of Manchester.
- Myke.biz a social networking website to help businesses innovate and grow through connecting with experts and sharing valuable resources and services
- Smart Flood protection website, providing free, impartial guidance to help you take steps toward installing the correct flood protection and flood resilience measures
Specialist Services and Facilities
- Usability Labs
- Eye Tracking
- Focus Group Research and Design
- Collaborative and Prototype Design