Jobs4Students offers you, temporary on-campus job opportunities throughout the University.
Working for the University
Many students, including UK/EEA and international students will seek work whilst studying or during vacation time.
The University has adopted a common policy which limits students to working no more than 16 hours a week throughout the year.
This aims to:
- Provide more opportunities for students to benefit from the work that is available
- Ensure fair and equitable access to the many employment opportunities offered by the University
- Avoid compromising your study commitments
Jobs4Students is responsible for managing all student employment by the University.
Essential information for students
Your employment by the University is subject to a number of controls:
- You must be registered with Jobs4Students before you can work for the University
- You must be over 18 years of age to be employed by the University
- You should not start work until Jobs4Students have completed ID, right to work checks and issued a statement of the working arrangements
- This restriction applies throughout the year, irrespective of term dates
- Research students who are not on a Tier 4 visa and who are undertaking their PhD through part-time study are not subject to the 16 hour working limit
- Students are required to submit a weekly timesheet for the hours worked
- If you are a non-EEA student with visa restrictions it is your responsibility to make sure you are working within the requirements of your visa.
Most students may not work more than 16 hours per week (Monday to Sunday) during term time. Please read the below to ensure you are working within University restrictions.
16 hours during term time.
No restrictions outside of term dates.
16 hours during term time and over the summer period.
No restrictions during Christmas and Easter vacations.
||16 hours throughout the year.
|Subject to term dates applicable to individual courses.
How do I join?
1. Join the mailing list.
2. Receive e-mail notifications or search on the portal for available opportunities.
3. Apply for the roles you are interested in.
4. When you are successful, you will need to provide more information on the portal including:
- Bank details - UK bank account
- National Insurance Number - if you are an international student, you will be given details of how to apply for one
5. Once you have completed the online registration process, you will be invited to the University to provide your proof of Right to Work documents. Here is what you can expect to happen on the day:
- You will be asked to sign a Jobs4Students statement of working arrangements.
- Proof of Eligibility to work sessions will last approximately 30 minutes. You will only need to attend once.
6. Once registered, you can access more opportunities.
7. Gain valuable paid work experience.
- Associate students are not eligible to work through Jobs4 Students.
- For any student who does not meet the above criteria or is enrolled at another institution, their employment will be handled through Human Resources.
- Undergraduate students will be eligible to work through Jobs4Students until 31st August on the year of graduation. Postgraduate students will be eligible to work through Jobs4Students until the date they officially finish their course as stated on the students records system.
Member of staff? - Find out how you can employ a student on campus.
Contact us on:
T: 0161 247 1402
If you would like to speak to someone face-to-face you can call into our drop-in.
This runs in Manchester 1pm - 4pm every Wednesday during term time in the Employability Hub, Business School Building.