We carry out research on serious games, augmented/virtual reality, human‐computer interaction, human perception and attention, computer vision and pattern recognition, and image and video analysis.
- Age estimation from skin features
- Virtual cosmetics and reconstructive surgery
- Automated analysis of retinal/ultrasound/embryo/foot images (for example for the detection of chronic conditions)
- Human motion analysis for (e.g.) rehabilitation and/or detection of early onset Alzheimers
- Automated solution of computationally challenging games (for example Sudoku)
- Real‐time fluid dynamics for VR games and serious games for developing understanding of healthcare issues such as vaccination
- Carolan, K., Verran, J., Crossley, M., Redfern, J., Whitton, N. & Amos, M. (2018). Impact of educational interventions on adolescent attitudes and knowledge regarding vaccination: a pilot study. PLOS ONE. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0190984.
- I. MacCormick, Y. Zheng, S. Czanner, Y. Zhao, P. Diggle, S. Harding, G. Czanner (2017) Spatial statistical modelling of capillary non‐perfusion in the retina, Scientific Reports, Volume 7, Number 1, p:16792.
- Leightley, D., McPhee, J. S., & Yap, M. H. (2017) Automated Analysis and Quantification of Human Mobility Using a Depth Sensor. IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, 21(4), 939‐948.
- Davison, A. K., Lansley, C., Costen, N., Tan, K., & Yap, M. H. (2017) SAMM: A Spontaneous Micro‐Facial Movement Dataset. IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing. doi:10.1109/TAFFC.2016.2573832
- A. Mölder, J. Persson, Z. El‐Schich, S. Czanner, A. Gjörloff‐Wingren (2017) Supervised classification of etoposide‐treated in vitro adherent cells based on noninvasive imaging morphology, J. Med. Imag. 4(2), 021106
- Ng, C. C., Yap, M. H., Costen, N., & Li, B. (2015) Wrinkle detection using hessian line tracking. IEEE Access, 3, 1079‐1088
- A. Mölder, S. Drury, N. Costen, G.M. Hartshorne, S. Czanner (2015) Semiautomated analysis of embryoscope images: Using localized variance of image intensity to detect embryo developmental stages. Cytometry Part A 87 (2), pp 119‐128