Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR & VR) offer exciting opportunities for human computer interaction, the enhancement of places and new business cases. The Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality Conference organisers seek original, high‐quality papers in all areas related to augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), mixed reality and 3D user interfaces.
With a theme Empowering Human, Place and Business through AR & VR, International AR & VR Conference 2017 will focus on exploring cutting edge Augmented and Virtual Reality concepts, applications and business models which shape our everyday life, place and businesses.
Issues to be covered at the conference include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
• Augmented and virtual reality adoption behavior
• Augmented and virtual reality business model
• Augmented and virtual reality applications in tourism, events, hospitality, retail, cultural heritage, architecture, education, entertainment, health, media etc.
• Development and implementation of augmented and virtual reality applications
• Mobile and wearable technologies and applications
• Impacts of augmented and virtual reality on value co-creation
• Augmented and virtual reality for customer engagement
• Enhancing customer experience via augmented and virtual reality
• Multi-sensory experience via augmented and virtual reality
• Cultural differences in the use of augmented and virtual reality
• Legal, ethical, and regulatory issues of augmented and virtual reality
• Augmented and virtual reality marketing
• Augmented and virtual reality gamification
• Augmented and virtual reality in smart city & smart tourism
• Any other related topic
All paper submissions must be in English and submitted as a word file using the AR and VR 2017 Conference Template. The research track papers should include: 1. Introduction; 2. Literature review; 3. Methods (if appropriate); 4. Findings; 5. Discussion and Conclusion. APA referencing needs to be applied. The document file should not contain information that unnecessarily identifies the authors, their institutions, or their places of work. A separate cover sheet (work title, name, institution and contact details) should be submitted to ensure a double-blind review process. All papers will be published as book chapter in Springer. Selected papers will be invited for publication in the International Journal of Applied Augmented and Virtual Reality.
Paper length: max. 12 pages
Papers must be submitted to: ARVRconference@mmu.ac.uk
All paper submissions must be in English and submitted as a word file using the AR and VR 2017 Conference Template. The industry track papers should include: 1. Introduction; 2. Company Introduction; 3. Projects Details; 4. Discussion and Conclusion. APA referencing needs to be applied. Accepted short papers will be published in the edited book, to appear in Springer. Please also provide the speaker bio (max. 150 words) as a separate file.
Paper length: max. 5 pages
Papers must be submitted to: ARVRConference@mmu.ac.uk
Submission closes: November 30, 2016 - extended until December 11, 2016
Notification of acceptance/rejection/revision: December 16, 2016
Deadline to submit revised version: January 10, 2016
Final acceptance: January 20, 2016
Registration deadline: January 31, 2016
Conference: 23 February, 2017
For more information, please contact:
Conference chair: Dr. Timothy Jung - email@example.com
Program chair: Dr. M. Claudia tom Dieck - firstname.lastname@example.org
The conference fee is £99 per delegate/ £79 per student. Please visit HERE for registration and further information.