We have an obligation to inform our data subjects about the collection and use of their personal data by the University. This is a key transparency requirement under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We fulfil this requirement through the use of privacy notices. We provide privacy notices at the point that we collect your personal data.
These notices inform our data subjects:
- Who we are.
- The personal data we process.
- How we obtained your personal data.
- How we use your personal data.
- Our lawful bases for processing.
- Who we share your personal data with.
- If applicable, how you can withdraw consent.
- Your data subject rights.
- Our relevant retention periods.
- Whether we use any automated profiling or decision making.
- Contact information.
Privacy Notices exist for the following categories of data subjects have been published:
- Enquirers and prospective students.
- Student Applicants.
- Students on Scholarships.
- Students on Placement.
- Students in Accomodation.
- Students using the Counselling, Health and Wellbeing Service.
- Students subject to Exceptional Factors, Complaints and Appeals.
- Students subject to the Department for Education ITT Education Destination Survey.
- Students subject to the Online Health and Wellbeing Survey.
- Student using the Report and Support System.
- Alumni and Supporters.
- CCTV Data Subjects.
- Data Subjects of the University Online Store.