Since its launch in 2013, the Manchester Centre for Gothic Studies and its members have appeared in various public media and newspapers. This page collects these appearances, as well as links to them, where they are still viewable or available to read.
- 'Gothic Marxism'. Radio Interview with Dr Jonathan Greenaway, Revolutionary Left Radio: The Horror Genre and the Monsters of Neoliberalism (10 December 2017).
- 'Bernostalgia Lewat Sinema, Kenapa Era 1980-an?'. Article mentioning Dr Sorcha Ní Fhlainn's research on 1980s culture and nostalgia in Stranger Things. Pikiran Rakrat (Daily Newspaper, Bandung and Java, Indonesia) (8 November 2017).
- 'Manchester Unites for Gothic Manchester Festival Fashion Show'. Article on the Gothic Manchester fashion show and interviews with Dr Jennifer Richards and Helen Darby. Humanity Hallows (6 November 2017).
- Universidad del Claustro conmemorará el 170 aniversario de Bram Stoker, el padre de Drácula. Article mentioning Dr Ní Fhlainn's conference keynote at Universitad del Claustro de Sor Juana in Mexico City, Mexico. El Arsenal (5 November 2017).
- 'Homenaje a Bram Stoker a 170 años de su nacimiento'. Article mentioning Dr Ní Fhlainn's conference keynote in Mexico City, Mexico. Aristegui (5 November 2017).
- Trick or Treat? A Guide to Halloween’s Hidden (and Not So Hidden) Gems, article by Dr Xavier Aldana Reyes for The Conversation (30 October 2017).
- 'Manchester set to be wowed by outdoor Halloween gothic show'. Article about gothic fashion and interview with Dr Jennifer Richards, in anticipation of the Gothic Manchester fashion show. MCR Fashion Industry (27 October 2017).
- 'Bram Stoker's Dracula'. Radio interview with Dr. Sorcha Ní Fhlainn. The Forum. BBC World Service. (16 September, 2017)
- 'IT remake will haunt those nostalgic for the unbridled terrors of childhood'. Review of IT by Dr Chloe Germaine Buckley for The Conversation (11 September 2017).
- 'Clive Barker: Dark imaginer – Q&A with Sorcha Ní Fhlainn'. Interview for Manchester University Press Blogspot (7 September 2017).
- 'Gothic Manchester Festival 2017: The Neon Demon at Number 70 Oxford Street, Manchester'. Mention of Dr Jennifer Richards and Manchester Gothic Arts Group, Creative Tourist (7 August 2017).
- How George A. Romero Made Humans of Violent Brain-Devouring Zombies, article by Dr Aldana Reyes for The Conversation (17 July 2017).
- Bride of Frankenstein: Gothic Horror, interview with Dr Aldana Reyes in episode 2 for The Horror Lab podcast (iTunes) (20 June 2017).
- 'Hag, temptress or feminist icon? The witch in popular culture' Article by Dr Chloe Germaine Buckley on Witches in cinema for The Conversation (19 May 2017)
- Special Guest Dr Sorcha Ní Fhlainn on Hannah's Bookshelf, North Manchester FM (29 October 2016).
- 'Gothic Manchester Festival Returns'. Interview with Dr Linnie Blake and Dr Xavier Aldana Reyes and mention of Gothic Manchester 4 in About Manchester (21 October 2016).
- The Loney and Andrew Michael Hurley At Manchester Gothic Festival, mentioning Dr Xavier Aldana Reyes in Manchester Confidential (21 October 2016).
- Ghosts, Monsters and Werewolves: Manchester Goes Gothic, mentioning Dr Aldana Reyes in I Love Manchester (6 October 2016).
- 'An Analyst of Gothic Monsters Explores Trump’s Appeal'. Interview with Dr Jonathan Greenaway for Dot Earth blog, New York Times (4 August 2016).
- World Goth Day: Shedding Some Light on the Darkness of a Much-Maligned Culture, interview with Dr Aldana Reyes in The Independent (22 May 2016).
- Zombies and the City: In a Tel Aviv Show, Chinese Artist Cao Fei Re-imagines the Urban Apocalypse, mention of Dr Aldana Reyes in Hareetz, Israeli news (16 April 2016).
- Special guest Dr Aldana Reyes on Hannah's Bookshelf, North Manchester FM (9 April 2016).
- Promotional Video for Gothic Manchester 2013. Interviews with Dr Linnie Blake, Dr Sorcha Ní Fhlainn and Dr Xavier Aldana Reyes (10 November 2013).
- ‘Rocky Horror University: Centre for ‘Gothic Studies’ Opens in Manchester’, Article on the Gothic Centre, and interview with Dr Linnie Blake, in The Independent (03 November 2013).
- ‘Orsdall Hall Ghost Hunt’. Interview with Dr Sorcha Ní Fhlainn for Irish TV (31 October 2013).
- ‘Frankly, We Don’t Care’. Mention of the Centre and of Dr Linnie Blake in THE Poppletonian (31 October 2013).
- ‘Research Cluster Explores All Things Gothic: Manchester Met Launches Interdisciplinary Centre for Gothic Studies’. Article on the Gothic Centre, with interview by Dr Linnie Blake, in The Times Higher Education (24 October 2013).
- ‘Writers, Architecture, Academics, Walking Tours and Zombies… Zombies?’. Gothic Manchester festival preview in Manchester Confidential (16 October 2013).
- ‘Gothic Manchester Festival Co-organiser Dr Xavier Aldana Reyes Tells The Skinny about Stephen King’s Influence on His Research and Teaching’. Interview article The Skinny (09 October 2013).
- ‘Zombies Invade Geoffrey Manton Building! Undead Rise to Take Part in Humanities in Public’. Article on Contemporary Gothic strand and interview with Dr Xavier Aldana Reyes in MMU News (08 October 2013).
- ‘Grotesque Manchester: Meet the Gargoyles Lurking above City’s Streets’. Mention of the Gothic Centre and interview with Dr Julian Holloway in Mancunian Matters (01 October 2013).
- Promotional Video for the International Gothic Association’s Biennial Conference. Interview with Dr Xavier Aldana Reyes and Dr Linnie Blake (28 August 2013).
- ‘Xavier Aldana Reyes Interviewed by David McWilliam’. Interview and mention of Gothic Centre in Twisted Tales website (26 August 2013).
- ‘Manchester Met Outreach Aims to Meet Public Halfway: Hip Programme Targets the Groups Others Cannot Reach’. Mention of Contemporary Gothic strand, part of the HIP programme, in Times Higher Education (12 August 2013).
- ‘Ghostly Goings on as Manchester Uni Offers Gothic Studies’. Article on Gothic Centre and mention of Dr Linnie Blake and Dr Xavier Aldana Reyes in Manchester Evening News (09 August 2013).
- ‘A Degree in Twilight: University Launches Course in Gothic Horror to Cash in on Popularity of Vampire Fiction’. Article on the Gothic Centre, and mention of Dr Linnie Blake and Dr Xavier Aldana Reyes, in Daily Mail Online (09 August 2013).
- ‘Spreading the Virus’. Dr Sorcha Ní Fhlainn on YouTube Zombie ‘Live Feed’ for Queensland University of Technology Creative Industries Panel at Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane (19 July 2013).
- Press Release for Gothic: The Dark Heart of Film. Mention of the Gothic Centre and the festival in the British Film Institute website (27 June 2013).
- ‘Studying Great Works with a Gothic Flavour: Stephen Hoare Investigates Manchester Metropolitan University’s New Centre Tackling the Dark Side of the Arts’. Article on the Gothic Centre, and interview with Dr Linnie Blake, in The Independent (21 June 2013).
- Gothic Manchester chosen for ‘Ambassador Spotlight’ section of Visit Manchester website and in research letter (26 June 2013).
- ‘First Gothic Manchester Festival Hailed a Spooky Success: University-Run Event Explores the Dark Side of Academia’. Article on Gothic Manchester and interviews with Dr Linnie Blake and Dr Xavier Aldana Reyes in MMU News (28 October 2013).
- ‘Zombie Culture’. Radio interview with Dr Sorcha Ní Fhlainn for The John Murray Show (20 March 2013)
‘Bram Stoker’s Dracula’. Radio interview with Dr. Sorcha Ní Fhlainn. The Forum. BBC World Service. (16 September, 2017).