International student information

Find out about Visa’s, photography and certificates

How can I apply for a Visa to attend my Graduation?

If you were an international student in the UK but have now returned home, you will need to apply for a Visa to come to Manchester for your ceremony. To assist your visa application we can supply a formal invitation on Manchester Metropolitan University letterhead. To ask for one, please contact the Graduation Helpline on 0161 247 5959 or email

Inviting family members

If your guests need visas, the visa application form and country specific information is on the UK Visas and Immigration website.

You will need to let them have the following documents to enclose with their visa application:

Not able to attend

Please ensure you inform us that you are not attending, and confirm how you would like to receive your certificate, by logging in to the graduation registration system.

If you are unable to attend the graduation ceremony, but still wish to have your photograph taken, you may want to attend our term time photography sessions. These will take place as follows:

Ground Floor Atrium, Business School & Hub, All Saints Campus, Oxford Road, Manchester, M15 6BH:

Crewe Campus, Delaney Room 002:

A gown to use during the photo session is provided free of charge. All you pay for are any prints you decide to have. Booking is not required.

Please see our FAQ's section for any further queries.