Tier 4 Visa

Step 1 What is a Tier 4 Visa

Tier 4 (General) student visas are issued to eligible students on courses of study for six months or more. You will usually need a Tier 4 visa if you are joining a full-time course at Manchester Met and you hold a nationality from outside the EEA. You may also need a Tier 4 visa if you have already enrolled and need more time on your course than you originally expected.

Tier 4 (General) student visas can also be granted to students who undertake a student union sabbatical role or to PhD graduates under the Doctorate Extension Scheme.

Before you consider making a Tier 4 (General) visa application, we recommend that you look at the Tier 4 policy guidance and UKVI’s website. The University has also produced a guide to help international students understand the requirements for their Tier 4 visa.

For your Tier 4 visa application to be successful, you will need to meet specific criteria, such as having a valid CAS, and apply from the correct location as well as at the correct time.

The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UCKISA) have prepared a short video about the Tier 4 application process which you may find useful: 

Visas and Immigration