ISDS manages the mmu.ac.uk domain name, and all subdomains of mmu.ac.uk (such as research.mmu.ac.uk).
If you require a different URL for your University project, that request should be made by a Head of Department, other member of senior staff, or via the IT Helpline.
Important information about web domains
Key terms and conditions
- ISDS will register or renew on request a domain for University-related use
- Registration and renewals require acknowledgement of acceptance of the terms and conditions of the domain provider
- The request should be made by a Head of Department, other member of senior staff or an MMU web officer via the IT Helpline
- The domain name will be registered to Manchester Metropolitan University rather than to a department, project or initiative unless agreed otherwise
- Marketing Communications and Development will be informed of all domain names registered for use by the University.
- ISDS uses Nominet for .uk domains (except .ac.uk), Easyspace for non-.uk domains and jisc.ac.uk for ac.uk domains. We pass on any charges at cost price only
- The department requesting registration or renewal of a domain is required to provide a budget code for any costs. Please ask for the current cost of any domain or service.
Expiry and renewal
- Domain contacts will be notified prior to expiry of a domain and invited to renew at cost price. There are no additional costs
- Domains which are no longer required by a department will be cancelled through the appropriate domain provider.
Customer service level commitments
- We aim to respond to any domain requests within five days.
Complaints and appeal procedures
- In the event that you have a complaint about the domain registration & renewal service please contact the IT Helpline. If you subsequently feel that your complaint has not be handled in a satisfactory manner it can be escalated by contacting the IT Helpline Manager (contact details below).
Abuse contact, domain abuse procedure
- We define domain abuse as where domains are involved in phishing, malware, botnets or those demonstrating intellectual property infringement or copyright violations
- In the event that you are concerned about a domain registered through the University, you should contact the IT Helpline Manager either by email (email@example.com), phone (0161 247 4646) or in writing to: IT Helpline Manager, Manchester Metropolitan University, All Saints Building, All Saints, Manchester, M15 6BH.
Need IT Support?
The IT Helpline team is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Or come see us weekdays in the Business School Student Hub or University library
- Call: 0161 247 4646
- Self Service (24/7): assist.mmu.ac.uk
- Chat (24/7): Start chat
- Student Hub (Staff and Students) 9:30am - 15:45pm
- Library (Students) 12pm-4pm