Multifunctional Printers (MFP) are available across the University.
You can print from any computer or phone to any of the MFPs across the Manchester Met campus.
What you can print
Printers across Manchester Met locations offer:
- Black and white (mono) printing at A4 and A3 on every MFP
Please note that when printing in mono from a Mac, you must use a mono printer. If you print from a colour printer, you will be charged for a colour print.
- Full colour printing at A4 and A3 on most MFPs
- Scanning and photocopying in A4, A3 and custom sizes up to the maximum size of the glass.
For any other printing jobs - including printing any of the above in bulk (quantities of 25 or more) - contact Print Services.
Printing by email
In addition to printing from University computers, you can also send files from your University email address email@example.com.
Simply collect your work within 48 hours from any Manchester Met MFP by swiping your ID badge (staff) or Met Card (students).
About printing by email
- You must send files from your University email address - no other email address will work. Send emails from your University address wherever you are - just log in to your Office 365 account
- Include the document you wish to print as an attachment
- Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Collect from any University multifunctional printer within 48 hours of sending
- Works with most major file types (images, PDFs and office documents) up to 20MB in size
- Printing in colour or mono is determined by the type of printer you use
- Images are printed to their actual size; documents at the printer's default document settings
- The whole document is printed. To print specific pages, paste them into a separate document
- Double-sided printing is standard
- You cannot send files by email to wide format printers
How to pay for printing
Students pay for printing:
- In cash at any of our payment kiosks
How to pay online
- Enter the online payment system
- Click the ePay button
- Your Manchester Met email address will be displayed. Enter the amount you wish to pay, and click Accept
- Choose a payment card, such as your met card or a credit/debit card
- Check and enter your billing details
NB: You should swipe in to the printer using your Manchester Met ID card - not your Met Card.
Need advice on a print job?
Contact Print Services
We are open from Monday to Friday all year round (except for weekends and public holidays) at the times and places shown below.