News | Wednesday, 9th August 2017
Wifi moves to eduroam – switching off MMU-student wifi
From Tuesday 5th September students will need to access the University wifi through ‘eduroam’, instead of through MMU-student.
eduroam is a secure, international wireless service that is available to all staff and students at Manchester Metropolitan University.
As well as enabling you to access internet across campus here at MMU, you can also use it in institutions around the world.
These changes are being made to ensure a more streamlined way of accessing wifi at the University.
eduroam is particularly convenient for smart phone and tablet users. Using eduroam, you don't need to type in your username and password every time you access the network. You only need to set up your device once, and then you can log in automatically wherever the eduroam network is available.
How to login to eduroam
- - Select ‘eduroam’ from the list of wireless connections available on your device
- - Enter your username: your University ID number followed by '@stu.mmu.ac.uk'
- - Enter your University network password
If you do experience any issues connecting to eduroam, please contact the IT Helpline:
- - Call our 24 hour helpline on 0161 247 4646
- - Email firstname.lastname@example.org