• Business & Executive Coaching at a range of management levels, including senior executives.
• Career Coach & Consultant - helping individuals work through career transitions and find greater fulfilment in their work.
• Sports & Media Lawyer - advised senior executives at Sky Sports in London & Austar TV in Sydney - negotiated multi-million pound broadcast rights agreements, managed talent contracts, and played a key role in commercial agreements for large IT and technology projects.
I have extensive business experience in large corporates and the legal profession.
I initially spent 10 years working as a commercial lawyer. I specialised in sports and media law with a move in-house to Sky Sports.
After Sky I made a lifestyle change and moved to Sydney, where I worked as a senior legal consultant at Austar (a large national telco since acquired by Foxtel).
An increasingly nagging feeling that the law wasn't my lifetime career led to a move back to the UK in 2006 to set up a property business and begin my coaching journey.
I have now been self-employed as an independent coach and career consultant for over 9 years, and have professionally trained as a business and executive coach.
Qualifications & Professional Membership
• Post Graduate Certificate in Business & Executive Coaching, Leeds Beckett University (EMCC accredited at Senior Practitioner Level)
• Member of the European Mentoring & Coaching Council
• Solicitor, Law Society of England (admitted 1997)
• LLB Law, University of Hull
I am committed to my own personal and professional development and engage in regular professional supervision for my coaching work (in line with the Code of Ethics of the European Mentoring & Coaching Council).
My coaching philosophy remains simple - to help clients realise more of their potential, both personally and professionally.
I deliver coaching face-to-face and via Skype. I am based in Manchester and also work out of my London consulting rooms.
"As a personal and professional development tool, I found Matt’s coaching the most effective process in my 20 plus years in the law”
Simon Price, DWF LLP
When I’m Not Working…
I still play competitive football (vets), attempt half-marathons and triathlons, and enjoy walks/classic MG drives in the country.
I am also a regular gig-goer and my long-standing passion for travel means I try to regularly visit different parts of the globe, including an extended backpacking trip each year.