A sports club is a sporting group - recognised as a sport by any of the governing bodies or British Universities & Colleges Sport. Please fill out the document below to become an affiliated club. The process is then as follows.
- We’ll respond to your application within 10 working days.
- We will ask the club to visit the MMU Sport office for a meeting with the relevant Sport and Club Development Officers within 14 days of an e-mail response.
- We will look to run your session with our Sports Development department over a 6-10 week period.
- The activity will be under review for that 6-10 week period to identify how we can engage more students.
- After the review period, we will work with the student leaders to decide how best to progress the club (BUCS club, Non-BUCS club, participation session, active campus - with paid activator - or setting up a campus league).
- If the decision is to become a BUCS or Non-BUCS club, the club needs to be self-sufficient for two terms before becoming affiliated and gaining access to additional funding.
- If they decide to stay within participation or an active campus session, the Sports Development team will work closely with the student leaders to grow their sport and enhance playing opportunities both internally and externally.
Download the Start a new Sports Club form