News | Friday, 21st February 2020
Fairtrade Fortnight (24 February – 8 March)
Calling all chocoholics!
Fairtrade Fortnight takes place between Monday 24 February – Sunday 8 March, and campaigns for better working conditions, and a fairer deal for farmers and workers in developing countries.
This year’s theme is cocoa, which will focus on the fight for cocoa farmers to earn a living income and show the positive impact that Fairtrade has on the women behind your chocolate bar.
Get involved in one of our ‘chocolatey’ events and find out more about Fairtrade:
Chocolate banana bonanza
Eat free Fairtrade bananas and enjoy a chocolate fountain in the GROW café:
- Tuesday 25 February (12:00pm – 2:00pm)
- Wednesday 26 February (12:00pm – 2:00pm)
- Thursday 5 March (12:00pm – 2:00pm)
Cocoa bean piñatas
Help decorate and then break our Fairtrade chocolate filled ‘cocoa bean’ piñatas:
- Tuesday 25 February (12:30pm – 2:30pm) on the street in John Dalton
- Tuesday 3 March (12:00pm – 2:00pm) in the Brooks foyer
- Wednesday 4 March (12:00pm – 2:00pm) in the Benzie atrium
- Wednesday 4 March (12:30pm – 2:30pm) in the Geoffrey Manton atrium
Microwave mug cakes
Make your own microwave mug cake with Fairtrade ingredients on Thursday 27 February (1:00pm – 3:00pm) in the GROW café, Business School – book your place now!
To find out more about our Fairtrade Fortnight programme and more information about sustainability at Manchester Metropolitan, please visit the Environment team website.