News | Friday, 8th February 2019
Go Green Week (11-17 February)
Get involved in lots of environmentally friendly activities across campus
Go Green Week is taking place between Monday 11 – Sunday 17 February and we’ve arranged lots of activities to help educate and inspire you to get involved and take action on environmental issues.
The national week is organised by People & Planet, who support students across the UK to campaign for social environmental justice and manage the only league table of universities focusing on sustainability.
We’ve pulled together a jam-packed week of activities to help you to get involved and learn about how you can live and work more sustainably:
- Meat Free Monday – enjoy 25% of all vegetarian and vegan burgers and mains in The Salutation (Monday 11 February)
- People and Planet Pub Quiz – join like-minded students for a Go Green Week-themed quiz and raise money for charity at The Union (Tuesday 12 February)
- Litter Pick Extravaganza – help clean up Oxford Road in this litter picking competition against the Manchester universities (Wednesday 13 February)
- Pop-Up Shop – grab a bargain and help support the British Heart Foundation in the Business School (Thursday 14 February)
- Smoothie Bike – use pedal power to blend your own nutritious and sustainable smoothies in the Business School (Friday 15 February)
There’s lots of other activities taking place throughout the week – please check out the full Go Green Week programme.
Make sure you share how you’re getting involved on our #MCRGoGreenWeek hashtag too!