Alumni Loyalty Discount offers 10% tuition fee reductions.
- Studying for a taught postgraduate degree can increase your skills and knowledge in your chosen profession making you more employable and a more attractive candidate to employers. In today’s climate, it is increasingly important for your CV to stand out and a taught postgraduate qualification can be a way of achieving this.
- We want all our graduates to have the best possible chance of maximising their career success. Our Alumni Loyalty Discount helps reduce the burden of further tuition fees and encourages our graduates into further study.
- Eligible alumni receive a 10% discount on their taught postgraduate tuition fees when they enrol as a student on one of our eligible full-time or part-time postgraduate taught courses starting from academic year 2018/19 or 2019/20.
Who is eligible?
For the purpose of the Alumni Loyalty Discount the term alumni is used to define former students who have successfully completed a Manchester Metropolitan University Undergraduate/Postgraduate Taught degree (excluding HND), Foundation Degree, PGCE or GDL and who meet the requirements for entry to a postgraduate taught programme at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Please refer to the Terms and Conditions below for more information.
Is your course eligible?
Please check if your chosen course is eligible for the Alumni Loyalty Discount for 2018/19 academic year (from September 2018) or 2019/20 academic year (from September 2019).
Please note: there has been a problem retrieveing the courses eligible for the Alumni Loyalty Discount, please try again later.
If the problem persists, or for more information please email email@example.com.
How to access the Alumni Loyalty Discount
There are two different ways to obtain the discount which depend on the year you graduated from Manchester Metropolitan University:
- Graduated in 2009 or after
If you graduated in 2009 or after (and you and your chosen course meet the eligibility criteria), the discount will be applied automatically and you will receive a confirmation email prior to the start of term.
- Graduated before 2009
If you graduated before 2009 (and you and your chosen course meet the eligibility criteria), please email firstname.lastname@example.org for advice.
If you have further questions about the Alumni Loyalty Discount, please email us at: email@example.com.
*Terms and Conditions (including eligibility and exclusions)
- Full course fees are displayed during online enrolment. Discounts will be applied once your invoice has been processed.
- Eligible alumni receive a 10% discount (not applicable to commercial contracts) on their taught postgraduate tuition fees when they enrol as a student (paying fees as per the fees list) on one of our eligible full-time or part-time postgraduate taught courses. The 10% discount also applies to eligible returning students in 2018/19 and 2019/20.
- Manchester Metropolitan University Undergraduate/Postgraduate Taught degree (excluding HND), Foundation Degree, PGCE or GDL and who meet the requirements for entry to a postgraduate taught programme at Manchester Metropolitan University.
- All discounts are reviewed on an annual basis and may change or be removed for future years. Students commencing a course of more than one academic year’s duration may continue to receive a discount each year (which will be in line with the value of the scheme applicable for the relevant academic year) provided the course is completed in the original agreed timeframe.
- Eligibility will be graduates of any Manchester Metropolitan University degree programme (including PG programmes) and applied to all taught Masters programmes (excluding PGCE).
- The Alumni Loyalty Discount award is not applicable to PGCE, MArch, integrated undergraduate Master’s degrees including MChem and MEng, and a small number of other specific courses so please check the list of eligible courses carefully.
- Manchester Metropolitan University externally enrolled students will be eligible if they graduated with a Manchester Metropolitan University undergraduate degree.
- Discounts will be awarded to both self-funding students (based on the amount payable by the student) and external sponsors (based on the amount payable by the external sponsor) only (excluding Government/NHS agencies grants and bursaries).
However, in the case whereby fees are payable by both the student and an eligible external sponsor, e.g. an employer, the external sponsor can choose to waive their eligibility for an alumni discount. If this is the case, the external sponsor should email firstname.lastname@example.org to advise the University of their decision as soon as possible quoting the student’s full name, course and Manchester Met ID number. The finance team will then allocate the full alumni discount entitlement to the student’s proportion of the fees for the duration of the course.
- Discounts will be reduced pro-rated if a student leaves the course which results in a fee reduction – please refer to the Regulations for the Payment of University Fees.
- With the exception of Manchester Metropolitan University merit awards, Manchester Metropolitan University alumni will only be eligible for one Manchester Metropolitan University award, discount, scholarship or initial discounted tuition fee. The award with the greater discount will be awarded.
- If a student is eligible for both a Manchester Metropolitan University merit award and an Alumni discount the merit award will be applied to annual tuition fee charged, the Alumni discount will then be calculated based on the remaining balance.