Sources of Funding for European Union Students

If you are an EU citizen, you may be eligible to apply to any of the agencies on the same basis as UK students, although generally, the awards will only cover tuition fees.

Contact the relevant Board or Council for the subject area you wish to study for further details.

Sources of Funding for Non-EU Overseas Students

It is probably best to start with your own government ministry or department of education, which will be able to give you information about any funding available. The British Council can also provide information about relevant financial support schemes. For more information about funding your studies, visit our international pages.

Useful Publications and Websites


The following can be found at University reference libraries and British Council offices.


Looking for Postgraduate Fees?

The fees for taught courses, both full-time and part-time are provided in the course listings on our online prospectus.

Postgraduate Study