If you have the potential to study at degree level, but you don’t meet the entry requirements, a foundation year can bridge the gap – laying the groundwork for entry into Year 1.
The units you’ll study are designed to build your confidence and bring you up to speed for the rest of your chosen degree. So, as well as the Academic Practice for the Humanities and Social Sciences unit, which helps develop your study skills for learning at the degree-level, you’ll also do three humanities units.
Once you have successfully passed your Foundation Year you will progress directly onto Year 1 of your linked honours degree.
Below is a list of the linked honours degrees for International Relations with a Language (Foundation Year).
- BA (Hons) International Relations with Arabic
- BA (Hons) International Relations with Chinese
- BA (Hons) International Relations with Japanese
- BA (Hons) International Relations with German
- BA (Hons) International Relations with Italian
- BA (Hons) International Relations /Spanish
- BA (Hons) International Relations/French
For more information about each linked degree please visit the Languages, Linguistics and TESOL website and choose a course from the course selector.
For information on other language courses with a Foundation Year, please see:
- Languages degrees with a Foundation Year (Stream A: French, Spanish, Linguistics, TESOL, minor Languages)
- Languages degrees with a Foundation Year (Stream B: International Relations with a Language)