- 10am Tea and coffee in Geoffrey Manton Atrium (ground floor)
- 10.30 – 11.30 (LT 4) Laura Eastlake (Edge Hill University), 'Ancient Rome and Victorian Masculinity'
- 11.45 – 1.00 (LT 4) Anne-Marie Beller and Kerry Featherstone (Loughborough University), “Permission to go and see the Ancient City”: Victorian Women Travellers’ Encounters with Islam
- 1.00 Buffet lunch (Atrium)
- 2.00 – 3.20 (LT 4) Lucy Andrew (University of Chester) ‘The boy detective as saviour of the man: physical deterioration, moral decline and the rise of the detective’s boy assistant in the Harmsworths’ boys’ story papers’
- Rachel Cleaver (University of Liverpool), ‘“Accidental and involuntary wrong”: Newspaper Libels (1888-1900)’
- 3.20 Break
- 3.45 – 5.00 (LT 4) Dominika Wielgopolan (Manchester Metropolitan University), ‘Treasure Valley: Ruskin’s ecological visionin The King of the Golden River and Fors Clavigera’. Lynn Setterington (Manchester School of Art), ‘Sew Near Sew Far’: Creating a Public Artwork at the Brontë Parsonage Museum’
All seminars are held in the Geoffrey Manton building, off Oxford Road, Manchester M15 6LL.
We are grateful for support from BAVS and BARS.